Job Opening: PHP Web Developer
Sephone has been one of New England's leaders in web development since 2001. Our team has been involved with many leading edge projects and clients in the US and abroad. Due to growth we are looking to expand our developer ranks. If you have the skills needed or know someone who may be interested in working with us, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
As part of our team, you'll be integral to the development and launching new sites and maintaining existing sites as well. You'll work for a variety of clients across a variety of industries and you'll be involved in the direction of our development. You'll have direct and indirect contact with our clients and will be deeply involved with all decisions related to programming. Your voice will be heard and your talents will be appreciated.
What You Need for this Position
- 2+ years of web development experience in an agency environment
- Expertise in PHP and MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to clients and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to craft clean, modern, and semantically accurate HTML & CSS
- Expertise in building and testing responsive sites (using mobile-first methodology)
- An eye for design and how it applies to usability
- Expertise in CakePHP, Cordova/PhoneGap, Xcode
- Familiarity with (and preference for) CSS preprocessors (e.g., Sass or Less)
- Familiarity and experience with Git or other version control system
- Experience building WordPress themes
What's In It for You
- Competitive salary
- Vacation/PTO (starting 1st year!)
- Medical (after 6 months)
- Work/Life Balance
- A fun and collaborative environment – either working in our Bangor, Maine office; remotely; or both – where your hard work never goes unnoticed
Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Sephone Interactive Media, PO Box 2357, Bangor, ME 04402. We'll send qualified applicants a survey to assess strengths and experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!